AMSTERDAM, Sept. 11, 2014 (RAI, International Broadcasting Convention, Hall One, Stand 1.D71) – In support of the growing interest and adoption of UHDTV, ATEME reveals its ongoing efforts to deliver HEVC video compression software solutions to broadcasters, content providers, cable and satellite clients around the world.
As the industry began the shift towards integrating HEVC and 4K into the delivery chain, ATEME continued to lead the charge in innovation and excellence by providing best-of-breed solutions to the industry:
- Extensive Global Reach – Whether for satellite, cable, IP or terrestrial transmission, ATEME’s technology was instrumental in the experimentation of UHD HEVC in locations around the world including South Korea, China, Brazil, Mexico, France, the UK and the United States.
- Sports Broadcasting Leadership – The company continued to demonstrate its innovation and support of UHD HEVC through its participation in a series of live, high-profile sporting events, including the French Open tennis tournament, the FIFA World Cup, the Commonwealth Games and the FEI World Equestrian Games.
- Industry Award and Successful IPO – Chosen for its consistent growth, sustainability, performance, product value and overall customer experience, ATEME was awarded the Frost & Sullivan 2014 Global Growth Excellence Leadership Award for Broadcast and DTT Video Encoders. On the heels of this honor, the company announced its successful IPO on Euronext in July and is actively hiring in R&D, systems engineering, marketing and sales.
The company will demonstrate its end-to-end 360° video broadcast solution, reveal new innovations in its signature product lines, TITAN and Kyrion, and participate in a stunning UHD live broadcast in conjunction with Red Bull, Eutelsat and IDC at IBC 2014.
- Dedicated UHD Program to be Broadcast Throughout IBC – Red Bull, Eutelsat, IDC and ATEME will broadcast a dedicated live UHD program from Red Bull’s Austrian headquarters to IBC. This unique UHD content, encoded with ATEME’s TITAN Live in Red Bull’s flagship Hangar-7 building, will be displayed on Eutelsat and IDC’s stands on the IBC showfloor.
- LiveSphere: a Turnkey 360° Video Broadcast Solution – ATEME will demonstrate its end-to-end live video broadcast solution that captures, stitches, streams and displays video to provide an immersive panoramic consumer experience for tablets, smartphones and virtual reality headsets. www.livesphere.com
- UHDTV On Demand – In partnership with Samsung, this demonstration will show 4K VOD content encoded with TITAN in HEVC Main 10 profile and displayed on a breathtaking 75” Samsung television.
- TITAN Live Any-to-Any – Carrier-grade video processing solution for next-generation TV Head-End is a real-time, multi-channel/format encoder/transcoder for multi-screen delivery of linear channels (TV, mobile and Web) that now includes support for live 4Kp60 HEVC encoding.
- Kyrion Contribution Network – Demonstrations of new, ultra-low latency, also known as ultra-low delay, useful for full duplex interviews and other live event coverage.
Michel Artières, CEO of ATEME, said:
The industry is charging forward, and we are thrilled to play an instrumental role in the development and uptake of UHD HEVC as the new standard around the world. We are focused on delivering the highest-grade and advanced video compression solutions available that our customers have come to expect.
ATEME is a global leader in advanced video compression solutions for the broadcast industry and a world leading provider of HEVC, MPEG-4 / H.264 and MPEG-2 bandwidth efficient compression technology. ATEME encoding solutions are deployed widely for broadcast contribution links, distribution, multi-screen live streaming, OTT and VOD applications. More information is available at www.ateme.com.
Current product information can be found at http://ateme.com/en/products/
ATEME Press Contacts:
Dorota Bouskela ATEME Corporate Marketing
T: +33 169-358-988
Kim Dearborn Nadel Phelan, Inc.