We care about our planet because the future of next generations depends on us all.
We care about people because trust and benevolence are the foundation of our company culture.
It makes our organization stronger to share these values and know what we fight for.Michel Artières
Co-founder, President, CEO
At Ateme, we strive every day to shape a better future for our people, our community, and our planet.
We have an obligation to society and to our many stakeholders to use our technologies and incredible talents to make positive change toward a sustainable world.
With this in mind, we have designed a Group CSR Policy that follows the 10 Principles of the UN Global Compact regarding human rights, labour, the environment, and anti-corruption.
We care about our planet
As a high-tech company, we are aware of our industry impact on climate change and global warming. That is why we are committed to creating new technologies that do good – helping our planet stay greener while improving viewers’ lifestyles by enabling them to enjoy their favorite content anytime, anywhere.
We strive to protect our planet as much as possible by:
- Developing and deploying new technologies that reduce our products’ energy impact. Innovations in our TITAN and NEA product lines have enabled a 65% reduction in the energy consumption of video delivery over three years, while improving viewers’ experiences.
- Designing future-proof software that extends the life-span of our solutions.
- Sourcing and designing recyclable hardware.
- Following an eco-design approach for our own product lines. All our products are assembled in France. The hardware from our KYRION range is compliant with European legislation as it is 100% RoHS, REACH and WEEE, restricting the use of certain hazardous substances. We also ask our suppliers to use only “no-clean” processes during manufacture of electronic cards, in order to limit water consumption.
- Reducing our own environmental impact, we set a target to halve our carbon emissions by 2030, as stated by the 2015 Paris Agreement.
- Collaborating with other companies in the industry to focus on best practices around energy consumption. Since 2021, Ateme is a founder member of the Greening of Streaming initiative.
Our biggest advantage is our talent. Everyone at Ateme is equally important and valuable; each team member plays an important role that ensures the proper and efficient operation of the whole Ateme group.
We are using our experience gained both before and during COVID-19 to create a new work model that continues to promote our employees’ well-being – developing happy, engaged, motivated, and resilient people. We foster excellent workplace relationships by organizing regular team activities and team office presence days while keeping a healthy work/life balance with convenient remote work schedules.
We care about our people: Inspiring our people to learn and grow
We invest in comfortable and modern workplaces to provide our employees with all the necessary resources and an enjoyable work environment. Our ability to attract, develop, and retain the best talent from all backgrounds, reflecting the diverse world we live in, allows us to make a difference in helping our stakeholders succeed.
To build a global team made up of individuals determined to make the world a better place, we invest heavily in:
- Leadership development that promotes diversity, equity, inclusion, and employee well-being.
- Learning programs – including online courses on soft skills and technology, coaching and mentoring of talent, and a learning together initiative – to develop and help our people grow with the company.
- Eliminating bias from our recruitment process:
- Diverse teams are smarter and more innovative. Thanks to our non-discriminating recruitment process, candidate evaluation is exclusively based on assessment of skills, professional experiences and efficiency. For each new role, we verify the job requirements to eliminate subtle bias and masculine-coded language that could, for instance, discourage women from applying.
- Furthermore, all candidates follow the same standard interviewing process based on objective and factual skill sets established by the HR team in cooperation with hiring managers. Our management team is fully committed to respecting candidates’ differences when hiring, and invests in a diverse talent pipeline.
- Promoting equal access to opportunities between men and women:
- Ateme has signed a commitment to equality between women and men, which outlines its commitment to leading a real policy in favor of professional equality between women and men.
- Training development is a key element in everyone’s career. At Ateme, we make sure that access to training is equal for women and men, in order to equally develop their employability and skills. Ateme applies a training policy that is free from any form of discrimination.
- Ateme gives women and men with equal skills access to the same jobs and the same opportunities for promotion and professional development. Criteria for detecting internal potentials are exclusively based on the recognition of skills, experiences and performance.
- Raising awareness in our teams of the notions of ethics and corruption, promoting the values of transparency and loyalty, and focusing on developing long-term relationships through multi-year contracts with our customers. We have designed a Code of Business Conduct for Employees that offers guidance for conduct in all business, legal, and ethical matters carried out in daily business.
We care about our community: Promoting responsible business practices
We are dedicated to sustainable and ethical business practices.
- Training our employees on cybersecurity policies to protect our business, our customers and our partners.
- Business ethics are introduced from the induction program of new employees as a key corporate value and success factor. Trust, empathy and respect are the foundation for developing long-term, mutually beneficial relationships among the teams internally, as well as with our shareholders, our business partners and suppliers, and obviously our customers. Our people are made aware of the importance of anti-corruption and confidentiality.
- Training purchasing teams on sustainable procurement.
To meet its commitment, Ateme appointed its COO to:
- Monitor and drive the implementation of the CSR Agenda.
- Report to the Executive Committee on the CSR results.
- Ensure the achievement of the CSR objectives stated above.
Ateme believes that a corporate social responsibility approach must be supported by strong governance, carried by the company’s highest management bodies, and be fully integrated into the company’s overall strategy.
Thus, at the core of Ateme, the CSR Executive Committee is responsible for defining Ateme’s strategic CSR priorities, as well as deploying the related roadmap, based on the most significant issues shared by our stakeholders. It is also the role of the CEO and CFO to inform the Board of Directors.
In addition, the CSR Committee of the Board of Directors is the guarantor of responsible governance. Its mission is to review, make recommendations, and validate Ateme’s CSR progress, ensuring that it is aligned with Ateme’s CSR strategy. This Committee operates in coordination with the Board of Directors and all other relevant Board Committees.
Launched in June 2015, following COP21 and the Paris Agreement, the Science Based Targets initiative (known as SBTi) is a collaborative project between the Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP), the United Nations Global Compact, the World Resource Institute (WRI), and the World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF).
Science Based Targets
The objective of this initiative is to encourage companies and organizations to define greenhouse gas (GHG) emission reduction targets and strategies in line with the scientific recommendations of the IPCC (Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change).
Thus, Ateme has had its “near-term target” approved by SBTi and is thus committed to contributing to the reduction of the rise in the global average temperature to 1.5°C compared to pre-industrial levels.
For Ateme, this commitment corresponds to a 42% reduction in absolute GHG emissions from Scopes 1 and 2 by 2030 (compared to 2020) and to the measurement and reduction of Scope 3 emissions.
Since 2022, Ateme has been a signatory member of the “Planet Tech’Care” initiative, which brings together responsible digital players who are convinced that digital technology represents major opportunities for innovation in the service of ecological transition.
By signing the manifesto, Ateme:
1. Acknowledges that environmental changes are a major challenge for humanity on which digital actors have an impact and must mobilize.
Ateme commits to this:
- Publicly via the signature of the manifesto
- To raise awareness of the initiative within its sphere of influence
2. To contribute, at its level, to the control of environmental risks, by committing to:
- Carrying out a measurement of the environmental footprint (at least carbon footprint) of its digital products and services
- Identifying and implementing actions to reduce its environmental impact
- Identifying and implementing actions to extend the lifespan of its digital products and services
- Sharing this information and actions with relevant stakeholders
Ateme has calculated its first GHG emissions balance for its base year, 2020. It was carried out according to the methodology of the French Agency for Ecological Transition (ADEME 2016).
Carbon Footprint 2020
Scope 1 represents 4.3 tCO2e and corresponds to direct emissions. It breaks down as follows:
- 0.7 tCO2e for direct emissions from combustion engine mobile sources
- 3.6 tCO2e for direct fugitive emissions
Scope 2, corresponding to indirect emissions associated with energy, is made up entirely of indirect emissions related to electricity consumption. It represents 235 tCO2e.
Documents to Download
Employee Code of Ethics and Business Conduct
Business ethics being at the heart of Ateme’s values, a Code of Ethics and Business Conduct is made available and must be respected by all its employees.