If you have ever watched a television show or live event or enjoyed a movie in VOD on your phone or tablet, this experience was likely brought to you through an ATEME solution.
We are ATEME (PARIS: ATEME). We are the video delivery leader helping leading content providers, service providers and pure streaming players boost their engagement, acquire new viewers, and create new sources of revenues. Leveraging our continuous investment in R&D and innovation, we empower our customers to deliver a high quality of experience on any screen.
Delivering video experiences also has an impact on our world. That’s why our multiple award-winning engineering teams design efficient and flexible solutions that cut waste, with no compromise on quality. So that viewers can enjoy their unique experiences – and the world we live in – well into the future.
At ATEME, we value innovation, collaboration, empowerment, agility, and everyone’s contributions. We offer cross-culture enrichment thanks to employees of 30 different nationalities. We consider the globe as our playground and we facilitate mobility internationally, especially in our offices in France, Sao Paulo, Denver, New York and Singapore.
Be part of our team and join our fantastic journey!
We are looking for a talented Manager Deployment Engineering EMEA North
You will lead a team of 10 (and grow to around 14) Customer Deployment Engineers who are responsible for deploying the Ateme software solutions within our customer eco systems. The scope of responsibility is Nordics, UK, Benelux and Large Accounts. You will report to the Director Operations EMEA North and together with him lead all technical customer engagements within the North region, your focus being post-sales.
Members of the team will be part of two of the five EMEA Squads:
NMS & E2E (management systems, analytics, hardware platforms and system tests and validations)
Transcoding (From live to file transcoding and the various codecs, VQ, out Edge gateway and multiplexer)
OTT (Packager, Origin, CDN, DRM Gateway and Proxy’s)
DAI (everything around digital ad insertion and the technology behind)
Cloud (Specific cloud products, our cloud deployer, the various terraform stacks of the cloud providers, and our SaaS offering)
Main responsibilities are the installation, troubleshooting, testing, validation, and handover to support. Some individuals are also delivering this support as they partake in the 24/7 OnDuty.
- Line management for 10 FTE
- Career development, salary advancements, bonus calculation 4x a year
- Optimization of deployment activities by coaching on best practices
- Weekly 1to1’s, Weekly team meeting & report
- Resource management for the people in the team
- Resource forecasting (for next week, next month and next year, for surprises)
- Hiring, interviewing, scouting, helping HR with selection, discussing
- Technical Backup: Squad Leads will help on this aspect, but as a manager, you need to technically understand the challenge of the engineer.
- PM skills: Help speed up projects whilst maintaining quality (ensuring process is followed by helping overcome hurdles through coaching or escalation during management calls) for projects without a PM (only 20% of the projects has a dedicated PM, for other projects the Customer Deployment Engineer acts as a PM also) act as an interim PM, helping progress a project to SAT.
- Service Delivery Management: Conduct regular service reviews with the top 20 customers and build a regional plan for improvement, present to your team and execute on it.
- Escalation Management: Ability to stay calm, professional and customer friendly in escalation situations whereby projects are delayed, any customer escalation will first go to you (after your engineer needs the help)
- Testing: Key in each project is the FAT, during this process what we intend to deploy is tested thoroughly. The leader shall ensure all testing takes place with the correct scope and ensures to drive the priorities so that the staffing needs and quality of delivery stays on the right level.
- Training: train your team using our training portal and organize EMEA wide tech talks. Help on customer training after a project.
- Support: Before the SAT but also after handover all engineers are very involved in Support. This includes any escalation or technical support of a platform. I this role you need to prioritize and coordinate those activities for this region.
The location is flexible within the Northern Europe, preferably Paris, Rennes, Southampton, Amsterdam
- Flexible candidate when it comes to travel within the region (service reviews, project kick-off)
- Ability to handle stress and seek for customer satisfaction
- Ability to lead the team by example, by listening and fulfilling their needs, challenging them with interesting objectives
- Ateme regions are very diversly placed within Europe, your team will consist of French, English and Dutch staff. Position is preferred in EMEA North territory where we have an office:
- (near Paris) Velizy,
- Rennes (our R&D HQ)
- (near) Amsterdam
- (near) Southampton
- A Dutch person based in Rennes with experience in the UK would be ideal 🙂
- Somebody that can drive (others or their own) initiatives through the company
- Led technical engineers before in a Support or Deployment environment, preferably Master/Doctorate level engineers and preferably engineers with customer external customer/vendor exposure
- Has a bachelor degree or higher
- Project Management in tech (or broadcast/media) domain
- Customer Management (preferably when the customers were telco’s or broadcasters)
- Understanding of video workflows, OTT architecture, broadcast, encoding, packaging
Please send your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org with the reference Manager CE.