PARIS, October 07, 2014 – In support of the 2014 Asian Games which were broadcast from Incheon, South Korea from September 19 to October 4, 2014, ATEME announced that it had again been selected by Globecast to deliver a turnkey video head end platform to provide live content to leading Hong Kong cable operator, Hong Kong Cable Television (“CABLE TV”). ATEME was chosen for its technical expertise, affordable turnkey solution and on-the-ground support.
- Leading global content delivery service selects ATEME – Globecast, a subsidiary of France Telecom/Orange, broadcasts content from the biggest news and sporting events each year. It looked to ATEME to provide a turnkey solution for a temporary platform that it used to broadcast content for the duration of the games. Globecast relayed on ATEME’s operations center in Seoul, Korea to provide support throughout the event, after which the platform will be transferred to its Singapore location to be re-deployed for other projects.
- Solution delivers content to CABLE TV – A Globecast customer, CABLE TV is a leading Pay TV service provider in Hong Kong, broadcasting premium sporting events such as the London Olympics and the 2014 Asian Games. The cable operator provides extensive coverage of both Games to more than one million subscribers.
- Best-in-class, reliable turnkey solution includes:
- Kyrion AM2102 encoder – Delivers SD and HD channels, provides a large operating scale from 0.5 to 35 Mbps to allow bouquet aggregators, broadcasters and video service operators to save bandwidth and reach audiences with a revolutionized picture quality. For more information visit:http://ateme.com/en/products/Distribution-Encoders/AM2102
- Kyrion DR5000 decoder – Hardware integrated receiver decoder dedicated to professional contribution over satellite and IP/ASI networks. It is designed to handle all MPEG flavors with up to 128 presets, allowing the operation room to receive any professional video feed. Visit http://ateme.com/en/products/Integrated-Receiver-Decoders/dr5000 to learn more.
- MC3100 Multiplexer – The simplest, most powerful modular DTV solution for operators with digital service over satellite, cable and terrestrial networks. http://ateme.com/en/products/video-multiplexer/video-multiplexer-mc-3100
- DataMiner, Network Management Solution – The leading multi-vendor network management solution for IPTV, satellite, broadcast and cable. http://ateme.com/en/products/Network-Management/nms
David Gerbaulet, presales project manager, Globecast, said:
Building a turn-key solution to support our partners in the broadcast of this high-profile event required extensive experience and equipment with advanced features. Our work with ATEME during previous high-profile events, its technical expertise and reliable technical support provided us with an advantage over our competition and allows us to deliver the high-quality broadcasts our customers rely upon.
ATEME is a world leading provider of HEVC, MPEG-4 / H.264 and MPEG-2 bandwidth efficient compression technology. ATEME encoding solutions are deployed widely for broadcast contribution links, distribution, multi-screen live streaming, OTT and VOD applications. More information is available at www.ateme.com.
Globecast opens up global opportunities in broadcasting by making content distribution and management simple. Part of the Orange group, Globecast delivers tailored content management and delivery solutions to meet the needs of markets all over the world. For channels, Globecast provides media management and playout solutions as well as global content delivery via fibre, satellite, and IP. Through its fleet of SNG vehicles and production partners, the company also provides coverage of news, sports, and special events around the globe. Globecast has capacity on all the world’s major broadcast satellites, a three-continent proprietary fibre network and state-of-the-art facilities in the world’s biggest media hubs. Finally, Globecast has a content aggregation and distribution team that helps secure distribution on leading Pay TV platforms. Present in Europe, the Americas, the Middle East, Asia, Africa and Australia, Globecast offers simplicity, flexibility, and knowledge to the world’s leading broadcasters.
ATEME Press Contacts:
ATEME Corporate Marketing
T: +33 1 69 35 89 88
Nadel Phelan, Inc.