DirecTV, the world’s largest Pay-TV service chose ATEME’s Kyrion File Encoder solution to offer a premium push-VOD catalog to its end-users while maintaining a pristine video quality enabling a Blu-ray like experience in HD.
Customer requirements and expectations:
DirecTV was looking to offer a premium push-VOD catalog to the end-user.
The targeted solution had to meet the following requirements:
- A pristine video quality enabling a Blu-ray like experience in HD.
- The highest bandwidth efficiency to ensure from a fast download and play on the user’s Set Top Box.
- Combination of a pristine quality and the lowest bitrates.
- Integration of the targeted solution into an automated workflow.
- Robustness of the transcoding process in regard to various input formats.
How could ATEME address these requirements?
- Quality : Best-in-class video codec developed by ATEME for 10 years.
- Workflow : File-based transcoder leveraging a full network-oriented approach, intelligent load balancing across the entire processing farm as well as northbound API for an easy integration into DirecTV CMS.
- Robustness : Full control on the technology resulting in error-resilient workflow.
How is ATEME going beyond customer expectations?
- ATEME enables the extension to multi-screen delivery with the support of Web and mobile profiles, on top of the TV profiles.
- ATEME drastically reduces the operational costs with the “all-in-one” TITAN File platform.