Ateme’s innovative technologies have won prestigious industry awards.
Ateme is an active member of multiple industries forums, international organizations and societies which contribute in promoting technology by developing standards and sharing excellence in business practices and operations.
Ateme actively contributes to a number of innovative collaborative projects and aims to develop and promote technological advances in video production and delivery. Thanks to the sustained efforts of our R&D team and our partners, we have successfully provides a number of technological advances and innovations to the live and file video-delivery industry.
TITAN Edge Project
With the help of the Ile-de-France regional council and the European Union, Ateme jointly developed the TITAN Edge project. TITAN Edge aims to be a disruptive solution for video distribution links.
The objective of the project is to develop a new-generation, innovative video distribution platform based on the TITAN components to solve the regionalization problem. Broadcast and OTT handle the decoding, on-the-fly transcoding, cache and splicing. Through this project, Ateme aims to design, test, validate and demonstrate that the economic and development costs of this new system can be brought down to competitive levels.
The project is co-financed by the European Regional Development Fund.
The 3EMS project, which stands for “Energy Efficient Enhanced Media Streaming,” aims to develop the technical bricks for delivering linear video services based on recent video coding and delivery standards. The project is built around four major axes:
- The “Versatile Video Coding” (VVC), which is the state-of-the-art video compression technology standard released in mid-2020.
- Multicast and broadcast delivery of media content over 5G network, targeting the first commercial deployment in 2020 in France.
- Artificial Intelligence to optimize video quality as well as video coding, delivery and rendering in the end device.
- Reducing the overall energy footprint, using pre-/post-processing methods, adaptive resolution switching and network optimization.
The 3EMS-2 project focuses on the development, improvement, and commercialization of technological solutions for video content delivery based on VVC coding and satellite distribution standards compliant with the DVB-NIP standard, with the objective of a reduced energy impact. The standardization of “green” metadata with application standardization bodies is an integral part of the project. This step is essential to allow the deployment and exploitation of these metadata in commercial applications.
The 3EMS-2 project, financed under the “ERDF/SSE + Brittany 2021-2027 Program,” is a follow-up to the 3EMS project, whose main findings are repeated by addressing several new elements:
- The implementation on dedicated platforms of VVC encoders in order to reduce energy consumption.
- The improvement of VVC post-decoding processing bricks and the addition of end-user control functionalities.
- Extending the scope of 5G distribution to satellite broadcast distribution via the new standard defined by DVB in February 2022 (DVB-NIP standard, DVB BlueBook A180).
- Standardization of green metadata with application standards organizations.
This project is co-financed by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF), the Brittany Region, and Rennes Métropole.