With the increasing penetration of smartphones, tablets, laptops, consoles on top of the Big Screen Television on the market, we are witnessing the democratization of “TV everywhere” applications across virtually every television distribution medium.
ATEME’s Multi-Screen solutions help Broadcasters, Programmers, Content Owners and their Multichannel Video Programming Distributors (MVPDs) – such as Cable, DTH Satellite or Telecommunications operators – Video Streaming Platforms and Over-The-Top players to overcome the numerous challenges of delivering reliable, high quality video content to the wide variety of devices consumers use to view this content.
This necessity to deliver to more and more devices is further complicated by the rise of video quality expectations for “TV on the go”: end-users want to experience ever-better HD quality on any screen. These higher expectations are intimately linked with the customer reach question: how to ensure the delivery to a maximum number of video consumers through low bandwidth mobile networks where limited access, slow playback capabilites and unreliable connections may occur? Finally, the proliferation of those screens across different networks – Pay TV, Over-The-Top, and 3G/4G – calls for an increasing number of video formats to be produced at the Video Head End.
ATEME’s Multi-Screen solutions address those challenges with a focus on the End User’s quality of experience, and, most especially video quality at the lowest bitrates.
ATEME Multi-screen offering features
- Real-time and/or off-line processing for Live TV, VOD and Catch-up services across multiple devices
- Support for multiple-codecs -including latest HEVC standard-, multi-format streaming and adaptive bit rate (ABR) formats
- Scalable and future-proof Intel®-based architecture for superior density and performance
- Close integration and interoperability with ecosystem partners including conditional access systems/DRM, automated content verification and CDN platforms.
ATEME unique benefits
- Highest bandwidth efficiency on the market powered by home-grown encoding technology
- World leader in processing density which lowers the total cost of ownership
- Interoperability with all formats of the most popular end-user devices
- Complete Video Head End solutions to address service providers in any of the Cable/Satellite/DTT/IPTV/OTT markets