Group CyfrowyPolsat, the largest DTH operator in Poland integrated ATEME’s Kyrion encoder platform to deliver video and radio channels to its customers over mobile services in DVB-T.
Customer requirements and expectations:
- Delivery of 10 standard definition video channels and 14 radio channels to CyfrowyPolsat’s customers over mobile services in DVB-T.
- “TV Mobilna” users to enjoy a linear DVB-T television reception with additional capability of watching their favorite shows on their smartphones and tablets
- Provide the complete video head delivering simultaneously in MPEG-4 SD and in lower resolutions for smartphones within a total constrained bandwidth of 24 Mbps
- Broadcast the best quality of audio/video channels with the highest fidelity to the original sources
- Build an comprehensive solution minimizing the operational expenditures
How could Kyrion Video Head End address these requirements?
- Complete solution: ATEME is providing turn-key Video Head End with the integration of encoding, rate allocation, multiplexing, scrambling, electronic program guide insertion and DVB-T transmission systems.
- High fidelity processing and interoperability: ATEME’s Kyrion AM2102 encoders feature best-in-class video encoding and advanced interoperability settings for TV/Mobile delivery
- Operation-proof: Kyrion Network Management System enables complete supervision and easy channel extension with fully customized operator views on the system.
How is ATEME going beyond customer expectations?
- Video quality enhancement: Relying on FPGA-based technology, ATEME‘s encoder video quality is constantly increasing, delivering a greater viewing experience.
- Upgradability: AM2102 encoders are SD and HD capable. On-field upgrade to HD is simply done by uploading a license to the deployed AM2102.
- Bandwidth optimization: Kyrion’s SR1000 rate allocation benefits allows 20 channels (10 for TV and 10 for mobile) and 14 radio channels to fit in less than 24Mbps with a broadcast quality.
- Rapidity in execution: The complete Video Head End has been designed and set up in less than a month.