In August, on this blog we reported that Cable & Satellite International, a technology publication targeting the global video market, covering cable, satellite, IPTV, mobile and terrestrial broadcast platforms, shortlisted ATEME’s Kyrion CM5000 for the CSI awards 2013.
Today, we are very pleased to announce that ATEME’s Kyrion CM5000 won a CSI award in the best satellite contribution/distribution/transmission solution category.
Some of the unique features certainly captured the attention of the CSI jury :
• Based on ATEME ‘s unique FPGA design, the Kyrion CM5000 is fully upgradeable and future proof.
• It supports MPEG-2 and MPEG-4 AVC up to 4:2:2 10-bit with unrivaled video quality and reliability.
• With its just released Gen5 firmware, the CM5000 offers broadcasters and service operators perfect video quality at very low delay for applications such as full duplex interviews or sports coverage.
• Booting is minimal to ease transmission set up
• Operators are able to monitor Video and Audio signals activity in a blink of an eye thanks to the graphical user interface and the confidence monitor on the front panel.
In short Kyrion CM5000 helps broadcast professionals improve their productivity and efficiency by reducing the bandwidth while achieving the best video quality experience. This recognition by CSI ads to TV Technology Star award won by Kyrion CM5000 at NAB 2013 : our flagship contribution encoder is now “multi-awarded” !