Telekom Malaysia selected Video Head-End Solutions from ATEME to deploy its new Internet Protocol Television (IPTV) Video head-end services aptly called “HyppTV’
Customer requirements and expectations:
Telekom Malaysia Berhad was looking to offer a premium IPTV service to the end-user. The targeted solution had to meet the following requirements:
- A pristine video quality enabling a true HD experience.
- The highest bandwidth efficiency to ensure HD channels availability for all of their Broadband users .
- The system has to be upgradeable since HD channel line is rapidly increasing.
Telekom Malaysia Berhad had to face the following challenges :
- Combination of a pristine quality and the lowest bitrates.
- A complete interoperability with up to five different kinds of IRDs on the VHE front Head.
- A fully automatic redundancy system with monitoring reports and alarms.
- Picture – In – Picture mode was mandatory for the end user and to create The Channel Mosaic.
How could ATEME’s AM2101 File meet these requirements?
- Quality : Best-in-class video codec developed by ATEME for 10 years.
- Upgradability : AM2101 encoders are SD and HD capable. On-field upgrade to HD is simply done by uploading a license file to the AM2101.
- Complete interoperability : ATEME AM2101 encoders are featuring advanced interoperability settings and ???
- Robustness : Full control on the 100% hardware live encoding technology with numerous patents.
How is ATEME going beyond customer expectations?
- ATEME‘s open Network Management System allows Channel extension to be up and running within minutes.
- With FPGA-based Encoding technology, ATEME ‘s encoder video quality is constantly increasing, delivering a greater viewing experience.